Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

In the style

  This is in the style of the book The Descent of Alette. I hated that style at first and then I wanted to try it so here goes.



“ The smell” “of coffee and herbal”  “tea masks”
“the smell of” “the people” “rushing about.”
“Music plays” “over the speakers” “covering” “the sounds”
“keys clicking and” “people murmuring” “quietly.”
“The sunlight struggles” “through the” “tinted windows”
 “plays across my” “computer screen.”
 “Outside” “the umbrellas” “are folded” “against”
“The howling wind.”
“The green light” “blinks”
“The message” “is short and” “about”
“Friends.”
“Friends.” “Could we ever” “be” “Just Friends?”
“My stomach clenches” “Heart wrenches”
“Against” “the thought” “you press”
“On me.”
“People” “mill around as” “Tears spill”
“Never giving” “a passing glance,”
“Receiving” “their coffee” “and pushing” “the door wide”
“Walking out” “into” “the wind”
“Bending against” “it like” “the Umbrellas.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment